Sunday, January 3, 2010
The bread was a hit all around, especially with Pat's raspberry jam!
Enavi's Finnish Flat Bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ready to Eat: 50 minutes
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup non-dairy margarine
1 cup soy milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1. Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
2. Cut in the non-dairy margarine until it resembles course crumbs.
3. Add the soy milk, lemon juice and honey and mix until dough is moistened.
4. Knead on a floured surface for 3-5 minutes.
5. Pat into a flat loaf on a 12 inch pizza pan.
6. Bake @ 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.